The Ginger Bee is run by Bex. For as long as I can remember I have messed about with crafts. I say messed, because my early stages of crafting definitely created a mess!
The Ginger Bee and The Gingerer Bee 'creating'.
My Mum taught me to knit when I was 7 and from that moment onwards I was obsessed. One
Christmas I made my sister a blanket and stayed up until 5am Christmas morning to finish it. The look on her face when she opened it made me realise that I love to make and gift personal items.
The Ginger Bee officially launched in August 2012. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Etsy and on our website, www.thegingerbee.co.uk
All of my products are hand made by me in a smoke and pet free home. (We do want a cat one day!)
The items I create all have a personal story behind them. Most of the products are named after people or things that inspire me. If any of the names catch your interest and you want the story please ask! (not ALL the stories are that interesting!)
I love creating personalised items and am always interested in creating something new.
Ten random things about me:
1) I did a sky dive when I was 18 and LOVED it.
2) I was born in Belgium and will always have an unnatural love for anything Belgian - I will also defend it to the end (even if I secretly HATE their trains and theatres!)
3) I have worked in theatre for the last 8 years.
4) I can cry on demand.
5) I married the love of my life in 2012.
6) I have freckles and love them.
7) I wanted to be a ballet dancer until I was 17.
8) I have Level 1 British Sign Language.
9) I spent 3 weeks in South Africa when I was 18 and had many adventures when I had to cover my skin as I was the only white person around.
10) I like even numbers. Hence 10.